Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Zoku Quick Pops!

Zoo-what? Its called a Zoku Quick Popsicle and it really was quick! I saw this in the Williams Sonoma store and was intrigued. Its a "popsicle maker" that makes "instant" pops. Well, you do need to freeze the base for a minimum of 24 hours first, but you basically just leave it in your freezer and then take the base out when you want a popsicle. Then pour in your juice (or in my case, Strawberry Banana Yogurt Smoothie) and leave on the counter for 7 minutes. Voila, finished popsicle! Deeleecious! It makes 3 pops at a time and up to 9 in total. So you just keep pouring and removing for up to 3 cycles and the pops still freeze instantly. After that, the base needs to go back into the freezer. Apparently it also makes creamsicles (aka filled popsicles) and multicoloured/multiflavoured pops too.

Thanks Cat, for my new toy and a great housewarming gift. At first I thought it was going to be good for future toddler, but now I think we'll be enjoying this just as much ourselves. It was incredibly easy and so fast!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

I know awesome, right?! Enjoy them. I'll be expecting a strawberry smoothie pop the next time I come to visit...Maybe even a orange creamsicle with a delicious strawberry smootie center! :)

Catherine Kim said...

Sounds delicious. Glad you are enjoying it. It is a real treat for Hoseok being on the SCD to have these anytime he wants. Another great idea that doesn't use the Zoku: Take ripe bananas, cut in half widthwise, put a popsicle stick through it lengthwise, cover in peanut butter, coat in nuts and raisins. Wrap in plastic wrap and freeze. Nice and filling treat.