Saturday, April 03, 2010

Happy Easter!

 
Posted by Picasa
Today we celebrated our family Easter with a lunch at my uncle's house. As usual, there was a TON of food, not only did they do the usual catering, but they also bbq'd ribs, fish and baked an entire ham. I didn't think I'd seen so much food. Carol baked my favourite Chocolate Wow cookies and her famous WS vanilla bundt cake. I think we had lunch at 1:00pm, its 9:33 pm now and I'm still full. Everyone enjoyed the great weather (we all ate outside!) and Evelyn was kind enough to lend us Kahlua for the day so that Hoseok could meet her and get used to being around animals. My uncle also had two other dogs there, Kobe was locked up in his cage most of the time due to his size and excitability but Kahlua had fun chasing their old shih-tzu around the house.

The kids also enjoyed playing on my uncle's trampoline (why they have a trampoline with 3 grown kids is beyond me...) and their swing set. Justin spent a good 15 minutes trying to coax Charlotte down the slide (see photo) but she wasn't able to make it until he would hold her hand down the slide. My cousin Hanna also busted out the stethoscope and I got to hear the baby's heartbeat along with a ton of other gurgling stomach sounds (it was just after I had eaten.)

As per our usual family parties, we ended the afternoon with communal naps in every room of their house and then Carol handed out adorably wrapped Easter treats for everyone. Hope everyone has as great (and filling) Easter as I did!

1 comment:

Woo Wow! said...

OH....I'm in pain because I know exactly what I missed out on. Mmm.. I can almost taste the food. What a wonderful way to spend Easter. Hmmmmm... I'm smiling because though I was not there in person, I feel like I was in spirit. Thanks for posting the pics.