Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Cookies and milk...mmmm mmmm good

Cookies have been haunting me lately. Chocolate chip to be exact. I've been thinking about them a lot after I rediscovered how easy and fast it is to bake them from scratch. I can almost pull it off in 10 minutes not including bake time.

At work, someone brought in a bag and it took every ounce of will power to not eat the whole bag. In fact, I think I only ate one. Then today I notice my cousin Cat's FB post about eating 10 cookies for lunch. And so, after dinner tonight, I thought about whipping up a batch and went into my cupboard to get out the ingredients only to find a bag of Organic mini chocolate chip cookies staring me in the face. I think Mel and Norm left them on the weekend and lucky for me, it just saved me 10 minutes of prep time plus a sinkful of dishes. I poured myself a tall glass of 2% milk (which after drinking skim and 1%, tastes like cream to me,) and mastered the art of popping in a mini cookie and drinking the milk so I could mix it up in my mouth. I'm trying to stick to "one serving" as per the package (6 cookies) but they are staring me in the face and those first 6 just went down oh so fast I barely had time to enjoy them. Just one more...

2 comments:

Catherine Kim said...

mmmmmmm. I was satisfied just reading your post.

sally said...

I had a craving for cookies and milk too! I did the Pillsbury kind though. YUM!