Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Happy Birthday to ME!


Its finally here, my most favourite day of the year... my birthday! And what better way to celebrate my favourite day then with all of my favourites. The usual WND gang came over for "my favourites" dinner which consisted of Panang Curry, Garlic Shrimp, Hot Thai Noodles and Orange Beef all from Salad King, my favourite Thai restaurant. It was deelish! For dessert, I picked up some empalvaldos and butter tarts from Kensington Market.

The gang all got me lots of great loot, all of their favourites with an abundance of gift cards (which also happens to be one of my favourites too.) Can't wait to shop!

Mel was the first official birthday "wisher". She sent her "happy birthday week" email first thing on Monday. But my mommy was surprisingly my first birthday call. She called me last night at 11:17 pm. She was quickly followed by Gerwyn, then Mae (by text message), then Susie, then Saadia, and then Sally, Randy and Freddie via msn. I even got a lovely song sung to me by Janet and Calla later in the afternoon. I met Susie for a birthday lunch in Kensington and then came back to my desk to find a giant Mrs. Fields Chocolate Chip cookie delivered and on my desk. It was my first giant cookie and me and my co-workers were all very excited. After my giant cookie, we had more cake and all of my co-workers sang happy birthday.

Thanks to everyone for making my birthday so special. I'm so blessed to have such great friends. Looking forward to even more celebrations tomorrow night at Saadia's! I LOVE my birthday!!

EDIT: It was brought to my attention that I forgot to mention my sister was the first to say happy birthday via the birthday card she sent me in the mail. It said that farts are good because they make the room warmer. I couldn't agree more.

No comments: