Saturday, July 19, 2008

Dinner and a dvd

These days I'm getting to know my convenience store owners very well. The little store under my condo rents dvds and I've been slowly making my way through their collection. Last night I made a chicken, sun dried tomato and pea risotto and rented "The Other Boelyn Girl" and "We Own the Night". Both movies were just "ok".

Today I met Ev and we headed to Marc Anthony for her wedding hair trial. The stylist did a beautiful, very elegant updo while I tried to take notes. Its so cool to see how they do it. Its almost like an art form. And with the amount of hair on Ev's head, it definitely takes a little skill. At the end of the trial, she put the veil on Ev's head and the wedding day felt that much closer. Needless to say, I'm sure Eb will make a beautiful bride. After the trial, she then had her hair done AGAIN (we didn't know about this part,) while they took the updo "down" and then re-styled it for her.

After Ev's hair appointment we headed to Holt's for what's become our birthday tradition, mimosas and tartines at the Holt's Cafe. Today I tried a braised beef tartine and it was deeleecious! Then, incredibly full, we decided to check out Holt's sale and look for a dress for me to wear to Ev's wedding. Didn't find "the" dress but I found a nice one on sale that I decided to buy for another occasion. Then we went home to rest for a bit before we (plus Stu,) headed to the Sleeman summerfest at the Distillery.

After a few beers and a rainstorm, we headed back home and seeing as how its still early, I decided to visit my friendly neighbourhood Korean convenience store and rent another dvd, "Blood Diamond". My left over risotto is reheated, my movie is ready to go and its another night cozying up on the couch for me.

No comments: