
Tonight I stopped by MelandNorm's for Norm's famous chicken curry and roti. Well, its not exactly famous but it will be once the entire world tries it. It was quite tasty and Mel said they are planning to open their doors to all the Caribbeans come Caribana.
After dinner Mel kindly offered to take me to the LCBO so I could stock up on beverages for my BIRTHDAY WND tomorrow night. That's right, tomorrow is the BIG day, I turn 33! Yikes! I must say that this is not how I had imagined my life at 33 (when I was 13,) but I guess that's the thing about life, you just never know what to expect... Maybe I'll earn that Nobel Prize in the next ten years, who knows! Four 6 packs of beer and a bottle of wine later (I'm sure that'll be barely enough for Huddy and Stuart, a lethal beer-drinking combination,) we got outta there and made a pit stop at T&T for some cherries before she dropped off at home.
Last night I met Mahi, Susie and her husband Josh for Batman after visiting with my family in Scarborough. It had been two weeks since I last saw my niece and boy was she cute. I forgot how much I missed seeing her until I heard that giggle. We played a new game where she stares up at me sitting very still with her mouth open while I dodge my nose in and out of her open mouth. Even with my entire nose in her mouth, she still didn't move a muscle. I don't even think she blinked. Then we had some good times in front of the mirror looking at ourselves and then it was time to go to see Batman. As Saadia has already mentioned, it was long. A good movie but very intense and its hard to absorb such intensity for 2.5 hours straight with no pee break. After the movie Susie and Josh headed home and Mahi and I stopped for dinner at a Thai place near my house before he walked me home. All in all, a good Sunday and for the first time that weekend, I didn't have to rent a dvd!
1 comment:
I made curry and roti tonight too. I don't think mine is as good as Norm's. I'm still trying to perfect it before I make anyone other than Raju eat it.
Post a Comment