Sunday, April 20, 2008

Here comes summer!


As the first sunny (and warm) weekend of the year, I was very excited to spend it outdoors! After the super humid hot sun of Cuba, I welcome the cool breezy sun of Toronto. It was a gorgeous weekend and I'm happy to report I spent most of it outdoors.

Friday night I went over to Saadia's for a bbq. My first of the season! Can't wait until I can hit my rooftop patio but it was nice to enjoy Saadia's brand new super 'cue. It was a monster. Four burners and all kinds of doo-hickeys on the side. We had homemade burgers with sweet potato chips and strawberry crepes for dessert. Unfortunately as usual, by the time I got to dessert, I was too full to really enjoy it. (Although she did convince me to try the "salba" she's been eating lately. I didn't notice anything though.)

Later in the evening Gerwyn came over and we took a long walk around the city. All the way up to Dundas Square and then back home. Unfortunately Gerwyn was wearing new running shoes and by the time he got home he was deep into the "new shoe syndrome". We spent the rest of the evening on the couch watching "No Country for Old Men.". (I would tell you how it was but I fell asleep.)

Saturday we had omelettes for breakfast and then met his usual gang for a walk in... Kensington. It was a gorgeous day and we sat out on a patio for a bit before picking up some coffee beans and walking home along Queen St. We stopped for dinner at the Hooter's rooftop patio and eventually (due to another bout of new shoe syndrome,) took a cab home. Then we took a little nap and decided to go for another walk around 9 pm. This time we ended up at Marche where Gerwyn had a little "snack" and I picked up some dessert to bring to my mom the next day. Its so nice to just be able to "stop in" at Marche, I remember when going there was a special occasion. I'd get all dressed up and my cousin would usually take me. Now I love that we can go there whenever we want.

Today, I did the usual, went to visit Grams in the morning followed by lunch at mom's and now back home for a quick workout at the gym. (Although the food may not have been great, I seem to have picked up a few pounds in Cuba.) Then, if weather still permits, I'll be heading out for a movie with Gervinder.

All in all, a great start to the summer!!

No comments: