Sunday, April 06, 2008

Havana, here we come!

Its Sunday night and I'm just putting together the last of my things for my trip. I did most of the packing yesterday since Gerwyn had to take my luggage with him so hopefully I didn't leave anything out. Tonight I'm just packing the carry-on.

Yesterday we spent the day in... can you guess??? Kensington! It was a gorgeous day and perfect for an afternoon (or an hour) on a patio. We met Gerwyn's friends Victor and Tina and spend the afternoon basically pigging out. We did the same circuit as last weekend, empanadas, empalvaldos (this time, G and I each had TWO) and beef patties... YUM! If we keep this up, I'm definitely gaining 10 pounds this summer!

We ended the evening with a nice walk back to the condo with a few stops on Queen to do a little shopping on the way. (We also saw these two guys in a fist fight on the street, I've never seen a real fight before, it was very frightening. Luckily it broke up just as soon as it started. You never know what to do in those situations, call the police, try to stop it, walk away?)

After we got home, we made dinner (yes, more food) and then watched a movie "El Matador". I don't think I got it (might have something to do with the little nap I took during the movie,) but Gerwyn thought it was great.

I probably won't be able to blog while I'm away, but I'll miss my bloggerbuddies, I hope you have a great week and can't wait to catch up when I get back!!

No comments: