Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Did anyone call a plumber?

Today I made a breakthrough. As many of you know, I have had a clogged sink for over a month now. I tried all strengths of Liquid Plumr and various other sink uncloggers but to no avail. Nothing worked. A few weeks back I finally bought something called an "auger" from Canadian Tire. But its a bit of an intimidating looking thing so it sat under my sink for the last little while.

When I got home today, I looked at my filthy sink and decided I couldn't take it anymore, I had to give it a shot. So I put on my best plumber-wear and took apart my sink to try to get that "auger" down the pipe. After about a half hour of figuring out how to operate the thing, I finally saw a little "bloop bloop" in the water and all of a sudden the clog cleared. After I brought the auger back up, there was a small clump of black gook which personally I couldn't believe was enough to clog a sink but what do I know, which I cleared away and then it was all systems go! The sink was clear, yahooooo! After almost two months of using the guest bathroom, I finally have my ensuite back!! I feel so accomplished.

So, anyone need a plumber?

1 comment:

Saads said...

I'll put you on my speed dial under plummer.