Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Chocoholics Alert!

Also thought I'd post my dinner menu for tomorrow night. I was planning on making a traditional lasagna but Gerwyn suggested I try a recipe that he watched on Giada's show for Lasagna Rolls with ricotta, spinach and proscuitto. It was relatively easy and an interesting twist to the traditional lasagna. You put the filling inside each noodle and roll it up instead of doing the traditional layers. It also uses bechamel sauce in addition to the regular marinara. I'll let you know how it turns out tomorrow.

I'm most excited about my dessert. Due to the addition of BraceFace (aka Sally) at the dinner table, I've had to rethink my menus so they are "soft" enough for the orally challenged. So this time I decided to make Chocolate Mousse. It looks easy to make and I've never done it before so I thought it would be a good addition to the menu. Turns out its not as easy as I thought (there's egg yolk cooking over a double boiler involved,) but the results are WELL worth it. Man, was it GOOD! It took every ounce of willpower to not eat the entire bowlful right then and there. This is definitely a recipe I'm going to make again. In case anyone was wondering I got the recipe off of allrecipes.com. Its called "heavenly chocolate mousse" and it definitely lived up to its name.

No comments: