Today was my very first lazy Saturday in a loooong time. In fact, I can't remember the last time I had a day totally to myself to do N.O.T.H.I.N.G. Boy does it feel great!
Sally and Saadia came over last night for some girl time and then they left around 10:30 or so at which point I got all ready for bed. I think one of my most favourite all time activities is reading a good book. The last great book I read was called "The Blindside" by Michael Lewis. It is a book about football and was recommended to me by Saadia's husband Raju. I could not put it down. I had to started to develop a mild interest in football just because I don't think Gerwyn and I could last if I couldn't sit through a game. But after I read that book, I was hooked! That led me to my next book, "L.T: Over the Edge" which is an autobiography of one of the greatest defensive players ever to play in the NFL, Lawrence Taylor. There was some mention of him in the Blindside (the main character of the book is supposed to be the next "LT") and if you read anything at all about him, he just sounds like a crazy guy. I just wanted to know what goes on inside the head of someone who plays the way he does, with complete reckless abandon. Its a very interesting read, even the way the book is written is interesting. Its like a documentary on paper. Each person makes a comment about an event, and then he tells his side of the story.
Anyway, last night I got to stay up as late as I wanted to read and then again when I woke up at 10 today, I read again. I stayed in bed until just after noon and it was fantastic!
Then I got up and lazed around my condo, watched "Enemy of the State" on tv (when was the last time I watched an actual movie on tv?) and then finally motivated myself enough to head to the market. Tonight, I'm making Gerwyn dinner for a sort of post "Valentine's" date. We kind of passed out a little early on actual Valentine's cause we were both so tired so we're hoping to keep the romance "alive" tonight with a romantic dinner for two. I'm still trying to figure out what to make. Speaking of which, its already 4:30 and he's supposed to be here in a couple of hours... Better get cracking!!
No comments:
Post a Comment