

Saturday I came home to one of the best surprises I've had in awhile... a clean condo. And I mean, sparkling, shiny, lemon scented clean! As I've gotten older, I've found that I spend less time cleaning. I used to be obsessive about it but I find that I just don't have the time (or the energy personally,) to get down on my hands and knees like I used to and give the place a good scrub down. When I mentioned this to Saadia, she suggested I give her friend Rosie a call. Rosie is a friend of hers who is trying to start her own house cleaning business. She charged me an $85 flat fee to clean my entire condo head to toe. (I told her she didn't have to do laundry or dishes.)
Many were skeptical (including Gerwyn) as to what would be taking place while I was away for the day and how good a cleaning she could really do (that I couldn't do myself with a little elbow grease,) but our jaws both dropped when we arrived on Saturday night. The place looked amazing. She took the liberty of not just "cleaning" but re-organizing some problem areas where I had obviously just "shoved" stuff. After cleaning my microwave inside out (which was pretty gross inside I might add,) she turned it around so that I could actually use without having to manoeuver everything on my stove to get to it. It was brilliant. (See picture above.) It was these "little" things that really put me over the edge. Not only was the place sparkling (there wasn't a speck of dust anywhere, trust me, I checked!) but she had done a good job putting away my "crap" so it actually looked tidy. I was really impressed. So if anyone is even thinking of having this done, I am 100% all for it, it was a luxury that was worth every penny. Its a great feeling to come home to a clean place (and an even better feeling to know that its a chore that doesn't have to be on my to do list anymore.)
I don't know how regularly I'll do this, maybe just once every couple or few months, but I'm definitely a believer now...
No comments:
Post a Comment