




This weekend was family weekend. Friday night I offered to have my cousin's kids Michael and Jessica over to my place for a sleepover. We made caramel apples and watched a movie and then went to bed around 10:30. At about 7:00 am the next day I heard the pitter patter of loud feet and the sound of the television and I knew there was no chance of sleeping in. I got up and promptly made them waffles with some berries (and a little chocolate ice cream) for breakfast and then we went for a walk.
After stopping by the St. Lawrence Market to pick up a pie for our family get together, we got back to the condo just in time to be picked up to head to Scarborough. My cousin Mark just had a baby with his wife Meredith and they were having a "meet and greet" at my aunt and uncle's house for the entire family. It was my first time meeting Samarra and boy was she cute! She's our first mixed-race baby (Meredith is white) and you know what they say about mixed babies? Well, its definitely true. Samarra has these huge eyes and cute little bags underneath you just want to eat her up. After we settled in at my aunt and uncle's, everyone else started to arrive and it was baby central with my gigantic butterball niece Charlotte and my cousin's other daughter Stephanie. Its been so long since we've had babies around, what a change! Every where you turn there's someone to hold and cuddle. It was great.
Sunday I stopped by grams for a morning visit and then Hanna came over and we headed downtown to go out for dinner for my cousin Carol's birthday. The new moms took some time away from their newborns and all the ladies enjoyed dinner at Lolita's Lust on the Danforth. It was a good restaurant and we stuffed ourselves silly. We even ordered dessert even though we had cake back at my cousin Mad's house for Carol. My brother and Mark were waiting with hungry babies and we all enjoyed some tea and pie before Hanna and I went back to the condo.
1 comment:
that's a really cute pic of your grandma and baby!!!
Post a Comment