Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Family Day Weekend

Thank goodness for long weekends. I've always thought that three day weekends are the perfect amount of time to get well rested for a four day week ahead. After my lazy Saturday alone, Gerwyn came over for dinner in the evening and we pigged out as usual. We originally planned on going to Bier Mkt after to check out his favourite live band but of course, after eating so much (and drinking a lot of wine,) we just passed out.

Sunday I woke up early to visit Grams and my niece (who gets chubbier and chubbier every time I see her) before heading back downtown to meet Gerwyn. I was pleasantly surprised to find out that Mel got extra inspired after her Saturday cooking class and made so much food that she invited me and G over for a mid afternoon "snack". She made Shanghai noodles and sweet and sour pork cutlets. It was super yum, gotta love those George Brown classes. Can't wait for Gerwyn to start his Northern Italian class. Mel, I promise we will return the favour!


After another pig out session, we all decided to check out the latest chick flick, "Definitely, Maybe" in honour of Valentine's Day. It was very cute, I always get a little mushy when I watch those romantic movies. But apparently Gerwyn (who was still on a sugar high from eating a cinnamon pretzel and 3 chocolate bars) just wanted to get outta there. Didn't even want to hold my hand! Hmph! After we dropped MelandNorm off at their place in a cab, we decided to walk the rest of the way home and enjoy the mild weather. Then I packed up my things and we headed to Thornhill and spent the rest of the weekend north of the city.

Turns out north of the city wasn't all that interesting. After we got up on Monday, we did a quick stop at the mall to pick up some gifts for my niece and then spent the rest of the day parked in front of Gerwyn's tv. By around 6 o'clock I was going totally stir-crazy. (Personally, I think this is another sign of age, I remember when I was younger I had no problems watching tv all day. Now after a few hours, I feel like there's other things I should be doing... not sure what they are, but maybe its just the 'adult sense of responsibility' kicking in.) After calling Sally to go bowling, Gervinder decided he didn't want to go out anymore, so what did we do? Watch more tv! (Actually we went out and tried to rent a movie but we couldn't agree on anything so we just got sandwiches instead at my favourite place "MeVaMe". Soooo good. The sandwiches are so big you have to eat them with a knife and fork. Or fork and spoon for all you filipinos.) Once again we were so full we couldn't move, so we just watched the new show "Girlicious" and went to bed.

It was a very relaxing weekend, if only they could all be 3 day weekends...

No comments: