Thursday, July 07, 2011

Just me and my cupcake

In case you didn't already know, I love cupcakes. I'm on mat leave. Its summer. This means daily walks in the hood. Lately my walk just isn't complete without a stop at my new fav cupcakery, Desmond and Beatrice. Today I had their Caramel Cupcake. Caramel cake with toffee bits topped with vanilla icing and more toffee bits. Heaven. The icing is light and fluffy and perfectly sweet. As soon as I take my first lick I immediately taste real vanilla. The cake is soft, moist and makes a spongy sound when I break my first piece off. In order not to waste any icing, I break off the bottom and sandwich it on top of the icing. Once I bring my cupcake(s) home, I wait until Marley is down for her nap and then me and my cupcake have our very special moment together. A moment I try to savour while I'm still on mat leave.

2 comments:

Kimber said...

SOunds lovely...I can almost taste it")

randstarr said...

does that moment involve batteries?
oh, the cupcake...never mind...