Tuesday, July 05, 2011

The British Store

On my daily walks I noticed a very small store a couple of months ago that only sells British goods. Most of it food and most of that sweets. When I visited the UK I have to admit, the food section at Marks and Spencer was my favourite part of the store. There's just something about their "biscuits" that are so much better than ours. Anyway, when I discovered this store I was excited to see some of favourite Custard Creams available. Unfortunately these cookies come with a price. Right on the package in big letters (since it IS part of the selling feature,) it says 59p which is barely more than a dollar. However when I make it up to the cash I'm shocked to find out that my cookies cost $3! Two very small packages of cookies (I also tried Jammie Dodgers) set me back over $7!

Are they really worth paying 3 times the regular price? Well as a cookie lover I have to say yes, they are worth every penny. Between these and my new cupcake addiction at Desmond and Beatrice (just tried their Raspberry filled cupcake and a chocolate chip, both divine!), I will be broke (not to mention overweight,) by the time I head back to work.

No comments: