Friday, February 11, 2011

Happy Birthday Norm!

 

Yesterday we had impromptu birthday dinner for our friend Norm who turned 36! After our KFC pig out fest, Norm decided he wanted to do something similar for his birthday so they brought over Church's Chicken and we fried chickened it up! We had chicken, wings, biscuits, fries, macaroni salad and pickles and hot sauce. Apparently the pickles and hot sauce are the only way to enjoy fried chicken and I have to admit, it was pretty darn good. We had never tried Church's before so were excited to compare it to the good ol Colonel. It was definitely different and definitely finger lickin good, but we will still keep a warm place in our hearts for the original. What I loved the most about Church's was their deeleecious biscuits! I have a feeling they are deep fried, but man, they are craveworthy! We look forward to this becoming an annual tradition for Norm so we can indulge again next year. We finished off with a homemade ice cream cake from Ed's Real Scoop. Even though I'm cutting back on sugar, I couldn't resist a piece (or two). Ed's is my weakness! Thanks for bringing the celebrations to us MelanNorm, we had a great time!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: