Friday, February 04, 2011

The Big Carrot

Yesterday was my first visit to the Big Carrot. The Big Carrot is an organic/health food grocery store located on the Danforth. My cousin Mad used to shop there often when she lived here and I was always interested in the products she would bring home but I just never got a chance to visit. After creating a list of items that I know I wanted, I finally made it and boy, was it worth the wait! I could have spent all day there, unfortunately I only had about two hours. For anyone who is on any special wheat free or sugar free diets, or just interested in eating a bit healthier, I strongly recommend you go. They have an entire health and beauty section full of all natural and mostly organic products. I spent one of my two hours in there alone. They had so many options and were happy to provide free samples for me to take home and try out first. Then I hit the grocery aisles and grabbed my items before my curfew hit. I didn't have enough time to look at everything but at least I got my necessities: Agave Nectar, Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, a natural bathroom cleaner to wash Marley's bathtub and some Naturally sweetened blueberry yogurt and jam (no refined sugar!)

Looking forward to my next visit!!

1 comment:

Woo Wow! said...

I love that place; I think i was there at least once every other day. Of course I always thought it was just called the Carrot ;-)..