Friday, January 25, 2008

My WND.... on a Thursday





Last night was my turn for WND and I decided to go with a "fun" theme. That is, food that's fun! (And coincedentally also, very fattening.) I made homemade horseradish cheddar burgers, sweet potato fries, fried onions and a coleslaw. My appetizer was a chocolate banana milkshake and for dessert we all made our own caramel apples covered in chocolate and peanuts. Dainty Ev ended up cutting hers into pieces but the boys did it the old fashioned way and managed to eat the whole thing right off the stick! (It was super sweet.) I also bought Gerwyn a mini birthday cake so he could finally make a wish since he forgot to the last time he blew out his candles.

Sally also brought her new toy, her MacBook Pro. Boy, was it nice. Everyone gathered around it at the end of the night playing with all the cool features (it even takes pictures!)

Tonight, I'm spending a quiet night at home. I thought I would go to the gym but I decided to bake a banana bread instead (pic attached). I forgot how good banana bread smells....

Tomorrow I'm going to a Water Therapies spa with Saadia and Janet. They have all these different pools (green tea pool, salt water pool, cold water pool, etc) and I'm not sure exactly how it works but I think there will be a lot of dipping in all of them! Plus a visit to the saunas and a body scrub. If only I could've added a massage!! I'm also going to check out Saadia's new house tomorrow, can't wait to see her new home. Maybe I'll bring over some banana bread too. Otherwise I may end up eating the whole thing...

1 comment:

trAe said...

Caramel apples! What a great idea. Think I'm going to steal that one