Yesterday Gerwyn and I celebrated his 32nd birthday. Gerwyn's birthday is always special for me because once it happens we are both the same age (for 6 months anyway,) and he can no longer call me his cradle robber.
Unfortunately I wasn't feeling well, I got the flu on Friday so we couldn't do everything I had planned (dinner and then dessert at Panorama) but we did manage to go out for dinner. I made a reservation at Sotto Sotto (as per Sally's suggestion) which was a very small, romantic Italian restaurant where all the celebrities go when they're in town. The food was deeee-licious, Gerwyn had a grilled mushroom salad (Terroni's was still better) and grilled scallops with balsamic dressing. (They were tasty, even though I hate scallops.) I had a buffalo mozzarella caprese salad and a homemade papardelle with meatballs pasta. After dinner, we went back to the condo and got a dvd and some Timmy's. Since I wasn't feeling well enough to bake him a cake, I thought I would buy him his favourite Tim's treat, "Chocolate Danish" and put candles in it. (unfortunately he forgot to make a wish!) Then we watched "I think I love my wife" with Chris Rock and went to sleep. This morning we went for breakfast at George St. Diner and then to the grocery store. It was sooo cold, not good for a girl with the flu but Gerwyn carried the groceries all the way home.
Now we're just getting comfy and about to watch 2 games of football. Its the playoff games before the superbowl. Should be exciting... and if it isn't, I have a bag lightly salted lays and a tub of mint chocolate chip ice cream to keep me occupied.
No comments:
Post a Comment