Thursday, January 10, 2008

Norm's WND!




Tuesday was our first WND of 2008 and it was Norm's turn. He started it off with a bang with amazing fresh pasta and sauce from St. Lawrence Market and a breaded chicken cutlet. He also made his mom's famous cheese pimento bread and an amazing tiramisu for dessert. As per my new year's resolution, I cut my portions in half and for the first time did NOT eat myself into a coma. I actually felt good after dinner, I wasn't super full and I could actually breathe for a change! (Although it was really tough to stay away from that tiramisu, I definitely could have used another piece...)

The next night I went to Gerwyn's house after going to the gym and having a very light dinner (just cereal). At around midnight (and after a gruelling game of chess,) we both had the munchies but I stood my ground and refused to snack (except for a small handful of peanuts,) but we were THIS close to going to the Persian sandwich place by his house. Its hard to control yourself when you are around someone with NO self control... that's right, I mean YOU Gervinder!!

After these two small accomplishments, I felt I deserved a little treat so today I am indulging in some leftover Christmas chocolate. I was tempted to bake some cookies but its only been two weeks into the new year and I don't think I could survive the smell of two dozen freshly baked cookies just calling my name.

I just have to take it one day at a time... as soon as I finish this piece of lindt..

No comments: