This weekend was our annual Christmas get together with the girls: Ev, Sally, Mel, Mae plus partners. Its strange how now there is almost a boy for every girl. (And soon when Stu comes there will be! So hard to believe!!)
We fought through Toronto's biggest snowstorm to make it so Gerwyn could get his coveted Kris Kringle gift. That boy is worse than a little kid, he couldn't stop talking about his gift all week. Luckily he got what he wanted, his Colibri wind proof lighter. As for my gift, Sally was my Kris Kringle and she got me all of my favourites, comfy pjs, a board game (Taboo) and the best gift of all, The Flintstones on dvd. Most people probably don't think the Flintstones are a very good cartoon, in fact, its pretty cheesy. But the Flintstones were always my lunch time show when I was a kid. At 12 noon, I'd leave for home and my grandma would meet me halfway. Then when I got home, she'd have lunch ready, either a mini frozen pizza or an egg sandwich or if I was really lucky, a beef patty and then I'd watch the Flintstones. It was the best half hour ever. When the show was over I always knew I had to get ready to go back to school and then Grams would walk me back.
Its a simple memory but those are always the best ones. When you're an adult you forget how great it is not to have a care in the world. I miss those days with my grandma and I hope that watching the Flintstones will help bring some of those memories back.
No comments:
Post a Comment