Friday, December 28, 2007

Christmas Recap!




Its hard to believe that Christmas is already over... it went by so fast! I barely had time to finish my Christmas shopping! Here's the recap of events this year: (pics to come, whoo hoo!)

Christmas Eve: Spent most of the day with Gerwyn doing last minute shopping and then having dinner with his mom. I gave his mom the slippers I bought and she gave me a scarf. The card said "thanks for taking care of Gerwyn." 'Bout time I got some recognition!! Later that night, we went to my mom's house for another dinner (apparently Gerwyn "wasn't hungry" but he couldn't resist the kimchi and my mom's special Shake'n'Bake ribs!) and then we Scrabbled! My cousin Carol, my sister and Gerwyn and I all played and guess who came in last place... ME! Hard to believe considering the wordsmith that I am however my cousin Carol is like our family Scrabble champion and Gerwyn kept making up his own words... apparently "bumlady" is another word for a female transient... uh huh! Too bad Webster didn't think so!! He's still upset he didn't get points for "quib". (Yet another word Webster didn't recognize... at least not in 1988.) Ended the night with my sister coming in first place, followed by Carol and then Gerwyn. Wait until the REMATCH!

Christmas Day: Woke up after sleeping beside my snoring sister in a squeaky bed to open all of our presents. My brother and sister in law brought Charlotte down and my cousin Jun-Seok participated in his first Canadian Christmas. We each took turns opening our stockings and then all of our presents. Since I got my brother a Tassimo, I quickly finished off our present opening party with Lattes all around. YUM! Later in the afternoon we went to my aunt's house for a big fat dinner and then games with the cousins. We played Cranium Cadoo with my niece and nephew and then did our family Kris Kringle followed by a "gift steal" game. We quickly realized that in order to "steal" the gifts, there has to be something worth stealing! You should have seen all the "callat" everyone brought!! (My filipino vocabulary is expanding...) It was hilarious, I, at least brought a Starbucks gift card (who doesn't love lattes?). Luckily I ended up with a Cineplex movie gift certificate. But I was this close to a box of yucky chocolate and a dvd of the one of the worst movies I've ever seen "Stuck on You". (That was my sister's gift.)

Boxing Day: Shop Shop Shop! Too bad I didn't buy buy buy! The deals were scarce and I couldn't find anything I liked (at Bayview Village anyway,) so my sister and I headed downtown and met my cousins Hanna, Jenny and Jun-Seok for dinner and then a movie "The Kite Runner". Then they all came back to my house for a big sleep over. I've never had so many guests! Too bad I had to work the next day. I missed breakfast at Eggspectation...

Tomorrow is my grandma's 91st birthday so we're throwing a big party for her. Another big family shindig, those are always the best. Then there will be one more party at my uncle's on Sunday and then its time to figure out how to ring in the new year...

Oh I almost forgot, this year Gerwyn bought me a new Sony Digital Camera. Yep, its the one I wanted, JUST LIKE MEL's!! (I'm still trying to figure out how to use it, hence the lack of photos in this blog post.) Anyway, first resolution for 2008: more pictures!!!

No comments: