I just took a quick peek at my blog at this time last year. Apparently there was no snow? Well, that's definitely taken care of this year, its been snowing all day! (however, most of it seems to have melted...)
I still have Christmas shopping to do but I have no idea what to get people this year. If you think about how much people spend on gifts every year.... sometimes I wish I could just pool it all together and give it to someone who really needs it. After reading about Hanna's experience in Nepal, it really puts life into perspective.
Last year at this time we were still into the thick of Wednesday dinners, I was reading over my menu back then and I don't even remember making half of that stuff! We really should be keeping better records of that stuff, its so interesting to remember what foods I was into. I usually pick one ingredient and then make it all the time. Back then it seemed it was polenta, I remember the "polenta" days... then there was the "rapini" days and the "brussel sprout" days. These days I've been eating a lot of mushrooms. That's right, I'm finally starting to like them after 32 years!!!
I'm looking forward to all the family parties this year, I forgot how much fun it was last year until I read about it all over again. This year will be even more fun since my niece will be there, I plan on hogging her as much as possible. She won't be so little for very long afterall...
This weekend is the first of the fun parties with our annual Kris Kringle at Mae's. I wonder who got me? I wonder what Ev will get us??? (hee hee, too bad she doesn't read our blogs...)
What's to expect for next year??? For one thing, Ev will be getting married. I wonder what else? Who's lives will change forever next year? Time just flies by so fast, makes you wonder what some people are waiting for...
No comments:
Post a Comment