Sunday, December 30, 2007

Happy Birthday Hamunee!


Yesterday we celebrated my grandma's birthday, she turned 91! As usual it was a big pig out fest at my house with all the usuals, kalbi, chicken wings, noodles and lots and lots of kimchee. We also had tons of yummy desserts thanks to my cousin Mad and her kids and Hanna who brought her famous chocolate WOW cookies. They were awesome. Mad's son Michael who is 6, had the stomach flu and wasn't allowed to eat any of the goodies but you could tell it was so hard for him... he brought us a Turtle he found and asked if he could just "hold it". Then that turned into, "can I just squeeze it?", then it turned into "can I please just have a bite?" (answer: no), then "can I just lick it? Just one lick?" and then finally his mom caved and gave him ONE bite. It was heartbreaking to see him have to put it down after that. He kept asking me where it was so he could look at it later.

After pigging out (twice) and 5 hours of family fun, Gerwyn and I decided to head back to his place. I was exhausted but one of his friends was having a get together so we decided to head back out around 10 to say hello and watch UFC (blech... I read a cookbook instead.) We ended up staying til about 3:30 am (the latest I've been out in AGES) and then slept in today til 1pm. It feels so weird to get up so late. Something I used to back in university days but not anymore. Well, my body decided it didn't like it either and gave me a nosebleed, something I also haven't experienced in a looooong time.

Now we're on our way to my uncle's (hanna's dad) for a sushi party with all my cousins. That's right, more pigging out. Gotta love the holidays... family, food, fun!!

No comments: