Monday, October 01, 2007

Ring of Fire

This weekend was pretty busy. Friday night Sally came over and we went for a jog along what has now become our "usual" route. (Distillery District to T&T and then back.) Then we rented the worst chick flick ever, "Catch and Release" and Sally stayed over. Saturday morning we went for a massage at King Edward and then met her friends Raquel and Derek for breakfast at Petit Dejeuner. After stuffing ourselves (what else is new?) Sally dropped me off at Janet's for a bbq at her friend Andrea's place. It was just a girls only event and it was nice to chit chat about "girl issues" for awhile (yes, most of it centered around men of course!) Janet brought her new son Cole and everyone took turns holding and snuggling him. Later in the evening Janet drove me home just in time for me to change and meet Saadia for a quick visit to Nuit Blanche. It was a strange evening, we walked from UofT all the way to Richmond and Spadina. My feet were killing me by that point, and I have to admit, the exhibits were just "odd", a little too "modern" for our simple minds. So around midnight or so, we hopped in a cab and headed home. It was nice to catch up with Saadia though, I hadn't seen her since her trip and boy was she tanned!
Sunday, I got up early to visit Grams and then had lunch at my mom's house and chatted with my cousin until about 3 when Saadia picked me up and we headed downtown. I was going to go to Saadia's for dinner but I ran out of stamina and interest in jogging over to her house. Just as I was contemplating what I was going to do for dinner, Mel called and asked if I wanted to try Lin Garden with them. They always rave about how great the food is so I welcomed the opportunity to give it a try (and not to cook!). Well they weren't lying, that place was AWESOME! Too bad its all the way in Scarborough, but the food is definitely crave-worthy. We had green beans, garlic shrimp, chile fish, chicken pakoras and some brown noodles that I happened to forget the name of. We all joked about the "damage" we would experience the next day but I have to say, so far, so good. No sign of the infamous "Ring of Fire" this time... whew!

All in all a great busy spent with great friends! I think I managed to squeeze in a visit with almost everybody!!

No comments: