I just realized that I forgot to blog about (Canadian) Thanksgiving so instead my blog will be about the weekend AFTER.
But just to recap, Thanksgiving was filled with the usual pigout fest, Saturday I met Ev for breakfast and spent the day at her place helping her prepare for her family Thanksgiving dinner and playing with Kahlua. Sunday, Gerwyn came over after his trip to Mexico and I made little Thanksgiving dinner just for the two of us. Roast chicken, sweet potatoes, stuffing, brussel sprouts and cheese biscuits. We were stuffed! Monday was my family dinner at my uncle's house and everyone pigged out! There was a table of food as long as the eye could see, one side was turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing and all the other fixings, and the other side was the usual Korean food, kalbi, chicken wings, noodles and plenty more! We stayed so long that we ended up eating lunch and dinner there. The strangest thing was that it was SOOO hot, it felt like a summer day but it was Thanksgiving! Its always cold on Thanksgiving? Instead, it was steaming hot in the kitchen and my poor sister in law almost melted. She's eight months pregnant now and I felt so bad for her. Between being so full I couldn't move plus the stifling heat, it was hard enough for me to survive, I can't imagine having a big belly full of baby on top of that!
This weekend was pretty quiet. Friday night Gerwyn came over and I watched him eat a whole bowl full of chocolate. Even I was amazed. Then an hour later, I was watching tv listening to him moan about his stomach ache in the bathroom. Poor guy, that's what happens when you show no restraint!! Saturday I met Kim, Trish, Saadia and all the kids for an afternoon of bowling at Vaughn Mills. There were four little kids all under the age of 5 and it was chaos!! I couldn't keep my eye on all of them at once. It made me rethink my four child future plans, but I figure if I just have twins, there'll be no way to chicken out. So we'll see what happens. Then we had a quick lunch in the food court and I headed off to celebrate Eid (the end of Ramadan) at Saadia's mom's house.
Unfortunately I was so stuffed from lunch, I didn't have a chance to enjoy all the Guyanese cuisine, but I managed to fit in a few appetizers and take home some spicy plaintain chips for later.
Today, I spent the morning with Grams (she was sad today, I had to convince her that I would be getting married soon so she would stop crying.) and then did a little house hunting with my brother. He's looking for a new place for him and Nancy to live near my mom's house.
Now I'm waiting for Gerwyn to come over so we can have dinner together before the start of another busy week...
No comments:
Post a Comment