Monday, August 13, 2007

Spicy!!

This weekend was filled with Food Festivals in the City. Taste of the Danforth and Hot and Spicy food festival. Friday night I had Susie and her friend Hana over for burgers (which weren't spicy) to do Susie's wedding hair and try on her wedding dress. They stayed til about 2 am which was the latest I've been up in awhile, hopefully we got a lot of accomplished. (I was so tired, I don't really remember.)

Saturday Ev called me around 10 to remind me that we were getting together for shopping at Holts. It was a nice hot day and we enjoyed walking around so much that we went from Holts (and Bloor) all the way to Winner's at College. (Then we bit the bullet and took the subway back downtown, I was super tired!) After a nap back at home, Gerwyn came over and we met up with Ev and Kahlua again to check out the Hot and Spicy food. After getting lost downtown (even after all these years, I still get lost now and then,) we finally found Ev and pigged out on super spicy Jerk Chicken (one bite and my mouth was on fire!), Curried Goat, rice and beans and Columbian beef. Since Kahluki wasn't allowed in the tent, we left her with Gerwyn while Ev and I got the food. Every time we looked up to check on Gerwyn, he was surrounded by 10 different girls. Kahlua is a serious chick magnet. Even when we were all walking around together, people would constantly stop us to ask us about her. I felt a little like a celebrity! We finished the night off with a deeleecious crepe (chocolate, bananas, nuts and ice cream, YUM!) which between the three of us went down in seconds. (We had to fight Gerwyn for it.) Then we walked around the boardwalk and again got stopped every five seconds to answer questions about Kahlua and finally ended the night back at Ev's.

Sunday after Grams, I went home for lunch ate the spiciest pepper I've ever had. My mom grows her own in the backyard and always warns me to "watch out for the hot ones" but I don't know what this means, they all look the same? Anyway, I mistakenly took one of the wrong ones and boy did I regret it. I practically downed a litre of water trying to stop the flames on my tongue. Later in the afternoon, Hanna and Jenny came over and we all headed downtown for a bbq and hanna's famous cookies at my place. Gerwyn came back from Beerfest (already hung over by 6) and we all enjoyed a nice dinner. Unfortunately Gerwyn was the subject for Hanna and Jen's 20 questions about when we were going to get married and have kids. He handled it very well though, cool as a cucumber. However after they left, he quickly suggested we stop talking about it which suited me fine cause those conversations are always SO serious!!!

This week will be busy with last minute plans for Susie's stagette. But I'm also looking forward to the biggest event of the summner, the EX!! I love the EX and can't wait to go. I can taste the tiny tom's right now... I think I'll buy my tickets tomorrow...

No comments: