Saturday, May 07, 2011

Happy Mother's Day - Part 1

Its Mother's Day weekend! Today I started the day by meeting Sally and Jacen at Eggspectation at the Eaton Centre and then introduced her to Prairie Girl cupcakes. She left with a dozen and as hard as it was for me, I left empty handed. I was off to all you can eat buffet at the Mandarin and just couldn't justify buying cupcakes when I knew I would be gorging shortly. Although we weren't exactly celebrating Mother's Day, it was still nice to see my pally Sally and take advantage of this great weather. After breakfast I headed to Scarborough with my sister to take my mom out for lunch. We met my brother's family there and everyone pigged out. I was sorely disappointed to find out crab fest only applied to the evening service but still managed to find enough to eat without my king crab legs. Now I am back at my mom's and waiting for Ms. Marley to wake up from her nap. She's had a rather eventful day and definitely needed this nap but when there is no monitor I'm a bit nervous to leave her in the bed alone and so I sit waiting for my sleeping beauty to wake.
Gerwyn had to work today so unfortunately he missed out on the festivities but tomorrow we're hoping to have our own Mother's Day celebration with a picnic at the beaches. Hopefully this nice weather holds up for us!

No comments: