Sunday, September 12, 2010

Still waiting...

Today is officially 5 days overdue. I have to admit, of all days, today I've actually felt the most cramping/tightening/soreness so maybe today/tonight might actually be IT. But if not, I have my weekly checkup at the OB first thing tomorrow and I strongly suspect he'll get me going on the induction process. I was really hoping to avoid being induced (who wants to force her out if she's not ready?) but after giving this kid an extra week, its probably in both of our best interests to bring her into the world sooner than later. She's definitely dropped even lower to the point where I now have a "lump" right above my pelvis where her head is protruding outwards. It looks like I have a fat pelvis in a way, its very strange to look at and even stranger when you think her head is just "sitting" there.

I'll try to post one last picture (minus the fat pelvis, I'm sure the description was enough...) to capture my final days of being pregnant. The stretch marks continue to multiply as we speak and I wonder how my super stretched belly will look "sans bebe". I was so ready for mat leave (and to start taking care of baby,) that I didn't think about what I'd do if I didn't actually deliver right away. I've been going a little stir crazy, trying to read, walk around and take my mind off the waiting, but of course, my entire focus has been on when she's finally going to make her appearance. It was nice to have the extra time to finish the nursery and get ready and I know I'll regret not enjoying my last chance at solitude more but now I just can't wait to meet this baby! Maybe this was just the motivation I needed for the amount of work that lies ahead...

1 comment:

Trish said...

Baby Lee, where are you? What did the OB say today?