Here is a picture of Charlotte that I took today while visiting. She was wearing a rather interesting outfit, a metallic dress and shrug. Pretty stylish for a one year old!
Saturday I met my cousin Mad and 2 of her 3 kids for lunch at Wah Sing. Between the four of us (2 adults and 2 kids under 11,) we ordered two orders of lobster, cantonese chow mein, green beans, spicy squid and chicken/crab and corn soup. Besides a few remaining squid that I took home with me, we managed to eat everything! After lunch we took Jessica to get her hair cut. She hadn't cut her hair for 2 years in order to be able to donate it to "locks of love". They make wigs for kids with cancer. It takes four bundles of 10" long hair to make one wig. Jess has a lot of hair though, so I think she was able to provide at least 2 bundles.
After her haircut (and my bangs trim,) I headed home to meet Gerwyn to go to the Home Show. It wasn't too interesting but Gerwyn ended up meeting my entire Loblaws gang when we ran into Ken and his wife Lilli and then my old friends Stephan and Janet (who were working at his booth.) They shared a Sweet Bliss cupcake that they had brought with them (which was VERY tasty) and then we left the show and went to the Real Jerk for some Jamaican dinner. Gerwyn ordered the jerk chicken and curry goat combo and I had just the 1/4 jerk chicken. It was my first time there and except for the sudden bout of nausea that I think I experienced from drinking too much "ting", the food was great.
Today has been rather quiet, just sleeping in with grams, playing with Charlotte and then a visit to the gym. I'm trying to get back into the swing of running again. I'd at least like to be able to run another 5K this year.
1 comment:
I didn't notice the candy in her hand till I blew up the picture; looks like she's holding some rock candy saying "want somma dis? good stuff. real ting. fie dolla, just fie". Cutie.
Cat
Post a Comment