Thursday, March 05, 2009

Just one of those days...


You know those days where you just feel like nothing is right? You have everything you could ever want but you still feel like there's something that's just not right. Nothing is good enough and although the sun is shining outside, you feel like there's a grey storm cloud sitting above your head. Well today was one of those days. I was sitting at work just watching the time ticking by minute by minute and dreading anyone coming by to ask me for anything because I just might take their head off. As I walked home, I just got gloomier and gloomier and eventually just felt like there was nothing that could make me feel better.

When I finally got home, I sat myself down on my bed and thought, I just have to get myself out of this mood. So I forced myself to put on my gym clothes, put on my ipod and ran my butt off on the treadmill. (Ok, so it was only 20 minutes...) After the workout I started to feel better and by the time I came back to my condo I was struck with the most powerful craving... for you guessed it, c.h.o.c.o.l.a.t.e! I've been working so hard to cut down on sugar and be healthy but when the craving comes knocking, there's just nothing you can do to stop it. I scoured my cupboards for any sign of milk chocolatey goodness and found a half bag of old milk chocolate chips. As I shoved my first handful of chipits in my mouth (and realized that they were still good), I noticed a recipe on the back for chocolate chip cookies. And so, 3 cookies later and eyeing my fourth, I'm starting to feel much b.e.t.t.e.r.

2 comments:

melandnorm said...

Next time let me know and I will help you eat those chocolate cupboard tasting cookies!

Saads said...

How come you didn't bring any cookie for me?