Sunday, March 15, 2009

The verdict is IN!


Yesterday I met Mahi, Saadia and Raju for breakfast at Joy Bistro (which was deeleecious by the way, I highly recommend it for brunch!) and then Mahi and I did a little furniture shopping along Queen East. My friend Stephan was having a sale at his store so I thought I would take Mahi there since he's been looking for cool furniture for awhile.

Along the way, I also decided that we would have to make a pitstop at Sweet Bliss Bakery so I could finally try the famous cupcakes and cinnamon rolls. I bought 8 cupcakes and one roll (Mahi picked up four cupcakes) and we were back at Stephan's so I could buy some lamps. Although there was a ton of great stuff at Stephan's that was on sale, I of course had to pick the items that weren't on sale. But at least he gave me no tax and promised me he'd get me some large antique frames that I had been looking for ever since I saw them at his place. Now the picture of the lamps above is not my lamp, but it was the only lamp shot he had on his website. To take a look at some of Stephan's stuff, go to flikandcompany.com. They are located on Queen East around Carlaw.

After shopping, Mahi dropped me off at Saadia's again where we had a great lunch with her sister Camilla and friend Lisa. Saadia made these amazing fried rice balls that I will have to try at my next WND. She also made a lovely chocolate cake from scratch for Lisa's birthday. I was so full I could barely try any cupcakes so I decided to leave them for later and instead took a bit of the cinnamon roll which I must say was quite tasty. (It was crispy on the outside, kind of like brioche and then soft in the middle.)

This morning I woke up and made my morning coffee. I was looking forward to trying out one of my 6 remaining cupcakes only to find that there was only one in the box this morning. "Someone" (I won't mention who but I'm sure you can guess,) came by last night and although I do recall him "tasting" one or two, he must have snuck in a few more when I wasn't looking! Luckily one is all you need since the icing is super duper sweet (which I prefer over the more buttery type icing at most bakeries.) My verdict is a big thumbs up! The vanilla cake was soft without being too dense and you could really taste the vanilla that was used in the batter. My verdict isn't quite in on the red velvet or chocolate as I didn't get a real taste of those (only a quick bite last night) but I have to say, Sweet Bliss Vanilla are my new fav.

No comments: