Saturday, November 22, 2008

Sally, don't forget my shoes!!


Today's wedding dress shopping was a great success! Well, we didn't exactly buy a dress, but in all the times I have accompanied friends shopping, this was by far, the easiest. Wedding dress shopping is usually a bit of a stressful experience when you shop without appointments and just want to "browse". The salespeople are like vultures and usually all over you with a million questions by the time you step in the door and then pulling and tugging at you while you try dresses on. This time, by Mae's suggestion, we went to Elizabeth Stuart in Mississauga first. It was supposed to be very reasonably priced and you didn't need an appointment.

As soon as Sally and I stepped in, I knew it was going to be a good experience. There was not a salesperson in sight. In fact, they didn't even come to the front to greet us. We just started a browsing and then heard a voice in the back say "let me know if you see anything you like and I'll get a changeroom started". It was the best. We started with about 3 dresses and didn't feel any pressure at all. And as a bonus, all 3 dresses ended up being beautiful. I was in love with the first, until I saw the second. I was shocked we had such great success right off the bat but considering how apprehensive Sally was to go in the first place, it was a very good sign.

We left in good spirits and even decided to check out "vulture central" Windsor Bridal on the way home. Even though we saw some great candidates, we just needed a little more browsing to seal the deal. On our way to Windsor Bridal we found a new place called My White Dress. It was a big warehouse and they had tons of dresses, all for $300!! We had low expectations and just thought it would be a lot of digging but turns out they had some great finds. We found Alfred Sung and Pronovias raw silk beauties! Unfortunately they just didn't fit as nicely as dresses number 1 and 2, but it was still a great place (again, no vultures and relatively relaxed, they even let you take pictures of the dresses!). After that (I think I made Sally try on at least a dozen different dresses,) we were pooped and stopped for lunch at Katz Deli before heading home.

Oh yes, as per my subject line, I forgot my dress shoes at Elizabeth Stuart so Sally, please don't forget to ask Ron to pick them up next week! A small price to pay for a great wedding dress shopping experience. Can't wait til next weekend...

No comments: