Saturday, November 22, 2008

Dinner and a Movie!

Last night I met Huddy and Sally for dinner and a movie. Huddy also brought his new gf Kim who I've heard lots about but never got a chance to meet. She had a bunch of free movie tickets so we all got treated to the movie.

Dinner was at Jack Astor's at Yonge and Dundas. I decided to take the subway from work since it was so cold. Leaving Dundas station brought back all kinds of ryerson memories. The station has changed since then and it was strange to see such a huge exit now (but that would have been very helpful during our school days where you would be squished into the crowd trying to get up the stairs.) Dundas Square was beautiful with all the Christmas lights. After dinner we watched the rest of the Raptor's game at Milestone's and then watched "Body of Lies" with Leonardo DiCaprio. I quite liked the movie but it was very long. I think we were the only ones in the theatre too. I guess its not so popular anymore.

Now Sally and I are getting ready to head out for our first visit to the wedding dress stores. I'm sure this will be one of many and I'm very excited to see Sally try on dresses. Its like something we've pictured when we were kids and now we're actually doing it for real!! Sally isn't keen on clothes shopping normally so we'll see how she does. I've made her promise to try on at least 3 dresses before she gets tired and wants to quit. Wish us luck!

No comments: