

This past weekend Gerwyn and I went up to Uxbridge with Susie and Josh to check out her wedding site. She's getting married at her brother Scott's house in his backyard. It was about an hour drive and on the way we stopped to visit her mom so she could meet Gerwyn and I could say hello. I don't think I've seen her for almost 10 years. Seeing her was like finding a piece of home. I have so many childhood memories at her house and although she lives somewhere different now, it still felt like "Kimball House" when I entered her apartment. Tons of pink everywhere with the occassional memento from back in the day (her encyclopedias from the late 70's, her teacups...). It was so great to have her meet Gerwyn too. She was so excited. She told me that I should get my mom's approval before I get married and I said "I talked to my mom already" and she said "not THIS mom!" It was so sweet. She asked Gerwyn all these questions about when he wanted to get married and have kids, she really put him on the spot but he was pretty good about it, didn't even break a sweat. Then on the way out, when he hugged her (of course he had to get a hug and kiss in there,) she said "you won't find anyone better." Almost makes me cry to think about it. She was such a big part of my life growing up, I'm glad I got to introduce the past to the future.
Then we headed to Scott's and spent the rest of the day in his massive backyard. It backs onto a forest and Susie had a few places spec'd out for where she wanted to get married so we took a little tour and then Gerwyn played frisbee with Josh and Susie's nephews while we talked decorations in the barn. It was a beautiful day to be out and we had a great time!
Sunday was Gerwyn's "day" so he spent the entire day cycling around the city in his new bicycle shorts while I visited Grams, cleaned my apartment and grocery shopped. This Wednesday is my turn to make dinner. I've perused all my Food magazines and settled on a Martha Stewart menu of paprika roast chicken, stuffed baked potatoes and french cut green beans. We'll see how it goes...
No comments:
Post a Comment