Sunday, April 29, 2007

Je me souviens...

Ok so Montreal was 2 weekends ago, but here's the recap on a post I started last Sunday:

Just got back from a weekend with the girls (Sally, Saadia, Raquel and me) in Montreal. But before I give the recap, I thought I would report on last Wednesday's dinner since it was MY turn! Oh wait, no, it was Norm's turn and then mine. Anyway, here's the short version: Norm did a mexican theme with fish tacos, wasabi shrimp and chocolate peanut butter pie (from Emeril) for dessert. IT was DEEE-leecious. Gerwyn stuffed his face with 6 tacos right out of the gates. We barely had time to finish one in the time it took him. Needless to say, he was not a happy camper that night. Stomach ache all night... The following Wednesday I chose a menu out of a Martha Stewart mag: Paprika Rubbed Roasted Chicken with Dill green beans and stuffed baked potatoes. Dessert was a chocolate chip cookie with vanilla ice cream and chocolate sauce. (Gerwyn says my cookie was over baked. At least he didn't get a stomach ache!!) Then it was off to Montreal, the trip was great except it rained all weekend. We shopped (at Simon's), we ate (at Schwartz and Cafeteria), we got rained on (the entire weekend) and got massaged (by strange most likely unregistered Eastern European masseurs... it was odd to say the least). Anyway, for full details I suggest you check out sally's blog. How's that for a recap?!!

Onto last weekend: Friday night I shopped til I dropped at the mall and bought two pairs of shoes and some pants at the Gap. Saturday I went to Janet's to give Calla her birthday present and then headed back to the mall to pick up my second pair of shoes (they were ordered in) at the Bay. Coincidentally, I met Susie and Josh there who were in the midst of registering for their wedding and then Gerwyn came by on his bike and we all stopped for coffee before Gerwyn and I went to Terroni for dinner. It was SOOOO GOOD! Gerwyn practically inhaled the mushroom salad, I barely got a bite. Then his left temple started sweating from his spicy pasta that he ordered. He had to go to the washroom to "dry off". (I would agree, it was pretty spicy.) Then we walked home and digested our meals and prepared to watch Borat but ended up falling asleep on the couch so we just went to bed instead. Sunday I got up early to visit Grams and Gerwyn went for a bike ride with Vic downtown. I ended up running into Gerwyn again as I was walking back from the GO train station. (I think he is secretly stalking me...) We ended up going to my place and I made mini pizzas with grilled vegetables and we watched Amazing Race. Since he didn't feel like riding his bike back home, he ended up staying over again and we were able to have breakfast together on Monday. It was quite nice (except for having to actually get up EARLY to MAKE the breakfast..)

Whew, I think that's it. Now I'm off for some mani/pedi time with Ev and then a little Sushi at Japango, haven't had sushi for ages so I'm really looking forward to it! YUM!

No comments: