This past weekend was Easter and you know what that means... c.h.o.c.o.l.a.t.e! (Yes, I'm a bad Catholic.) Friday being Good Friday, I had the day off work so I met up with Gerwyn and we ate fish (no meat right? See, I AM a good Catholic) and watched Blades of Glory. It was hilarious. At one point, Gerwyn even fell out of his seat from laughing so hard. Friday night we had dinner downtown (Taco Bell, nope, definitely NOT a good Catholic) and vegged out. Saturday was brunch at my uncle's house. It was the biggest feast ever. What started out as a small brunch among cousins turned into a huge family affair with crab, the biggest fish I've ever seen and sushi as far as the eye could see. Uncle taught everyone how to make california rolls. Even the aunts got into the assembly line. My cousin Jenn laid out the seaweed sheets, Mad and CAt applied the rice, uncle put down the avocado and crab and Carol's mom folded em up. And of course, Mad ate all the "ugly" looking ones. Turns out, about half of them were "ugly". Then they moved onto spicy tuna and salmon rolls, just as tasty and just as quick to disappear. Plus Carol made all the usual breakfast foods, french toast, bacon, sausages, potatoes and lots and lots of desserts!! We were so full.
I left Uncle's at about 4pm to head to my friend Mae's for another Easter party. Yes, even more food. However, by the time I got there I had digested enough so that I could try a few of Mae's ribs, Mel's chicken, Ev's scalloped potatoes and even the Chinese food that Sally and I brought. Plus the carrot cake and blueberry cheesecake. Then we had a little EAster Egg hunt before Gerwyn and I got our butts kicked at Wii. (We played Tennis against Ev and Glenn. Clearly they were cheating.)
Sunday was recovery day. Got up early to visit Grams and then ate a small lunch at home before heading back downtown to meet Gerwyn. We watched "The Holiday". It was definitely a chick flick so naturally, we both loved it. (Ok, so Gerwyn not so much. It was no "Notebook" apparently.)
This week is Ev's turn to cook Wednesday dinner, hard to believe I can still think about food, but I wonder what she's going to make???
No comments:
Post a Comment