Last weekend was surprisingly busy for not having any real plans. Friday night was Josh's (Susie's boyfriend's) birthday party at their place. Gerwyn came down after work and we were planning on heading there together. Just as we're about to leave my place, my phone rings and its Susie. Here's a quick transcript of the conversation:
Susie: When are you leaving?
Di: In a few minutes.
Susie: Well, you just missed the main event?
Di: What happened, did you guys play a game?
Susie: I'm engaged!
Di: EEEEEEEEK!
I scared Gerwyn when I screamed but I couldn't believe it. First that it happened, and second that I missed it. Josh proposed just after he blew out his candles in front of everyone. I'm so happy for her and can't wait to start planning!! Just when I thought I had run out of weddings to go to...
So the rest of the night was spent congratulating her and celebrating. Gerwyn really needed to unwind after a crazy work week and I think he accomplished his mission as by the time I got him home, he was having trouble standing, focussing and even breathing. (Ok, that part was a bit scary. I kept putting my hand on his chest while he was sleeping to make sure it was moving.) But he had a good time.
The next day was supposed to be our "lazy day" but it turned into "active day" when Gerwyn decided he wanted to try out my basketball court. I think he just wanted to re-live his highschool days by doing all these crazy lay-ups and even attempting his famous slam dunk. (That one didn't go over so well, turns out its a lot harder to do after 15 years. He's still hurtin' from that one today.)
After he creamed me in basketball (its hard to focus when you're trying to steal the ball off someone trying to recapture their youth, he was totally cracking me up!) well, I managed to get a few points by the end but he always won. After b-ball, we went to the mall and tried to return his sweater at Abercrombie and Fitch. If anyone has heard me talk about this store, its to tell you how much I hate it. And Gerwyn made me go in there TwICE! Once to return his sweater and a second time to return the pants he bought after returning the sweater. However the second time I couldn't bring myself to wait in the store so I waited outside.
After shopping I headed to Scarborough for my gram's 90th birthday. It was great, she was so happy to see everyone and I know it means a lot to her to be part of the group instead of cooped up in her room in a bed all the time. She even started crying while we sang happy birthday. It was hard not to cry too.
I pigged out like crazy (had 3 helpings) and then chatted with my cousins for a bit before going home with my mom.
Sunday, I visited Grams again (she slept for most of the time) played with my cousin's kids (baby Stephanie cried in my ear for an hour straight! There was no calming that baby down. I finally got frustrated and gave her to her 9 year old sister to hold which actually worked. I think she just wanted a familiar face. I guess all us Koreans aren't the same afterall.) and then went back down town to meet Gerwyn for Abercrombie visit number 2 followed by dinner at his friend's Mexican restaurant. The burritos were yummy! I'm going back on Wednesday with MelandNorm again.
Then we watched Bend it Like Beckham (Gerwyn hadn't seen it before) and in the spirit of the movie gave each other Indian names. I gave him Gervinder and I'm not sure what he came up with for me but I'm sure it wasn't as clever as mine.
1 comment:
Susie's engaged?!?! CONGRATULATIONS SUE!! I can't believe you missed that!!
Post a Comment