Thursday, December 28, 2006

Holidays are almost over...

(Edit: This was a pic from New Year's at my sister's friend Melina's house.)

Christmas is over. Not even any snow. Too bad, but I had lots of fun with my family and stuffing myself silly. This year the party was at my brother's condo. The first time we've had it outside of my mom's or aunt's house. It was actually at a "kid's" house. How weird. But funny cause we were all in a cramped condo just like the old days when all my aunts and uncles could only afford small apartments so we'd all cram in for the family parties. It so cool to see how life just keeps on revolving.. what's that saying.. "As the world turns, these are the days of our lives?" Wait a second, that's from a soap opera. Anyway, you get the idea. At the end of the night, all the adults went to my aunt's house and just the cousins stayed at my brother's to exchange gifts. Gerwyn and I also exchanged presents at that time which I was nervous about but it didn't seem too bad since we all kinda opened our gifts at the same time so everyone was distracted. HOWEVER, just as we all finished opening our gifts and the excitement died down, Gerwyn pulls out a small box from his pocket and says "one more!". Needless to say, the entire room fell silent. You could hear a pin drop. Then he says, "Relax everyone, I'm not getting down on one knee." WHEW! For a split nanosecond, my heart stopped. However, when everyone started breathing again, I opened the box and saw two beautiful diamond earrings. Nothing like a little bling to make the holidays extra special!!

Now its time to plan New Year's...

1 comment:

melandnorm said...

Holidays are over Di...your new years resolution is to update your blog more often =)