Just to finish up the trip to Miami, our last few days were spent taking Jackson shopping for new shoes and getting stuck for 4 hours on Alligator Alley with a flat tire. The tire actually EXPLODED so that we were left driving on the rim. It was pretty scary but we (gerwyn, Jackson and myself) were all ok. I just ended up with over 40 mosquito and ant bites but I guess that's what happens in swamp land. Can I blame them for being attracted to my sweet blood?
Our last day in Miami was sad, we had to say goodbye to Jackson who was leaving to spend some time with his dad. I was in the shower so I barely had time to wave to him as he was being carted off to his dad's car. I wonder if he misses his Auntie Dow Chicken? (Don't ask where the name came from, I was just happy he could remember me.)
Now its getting closer to Christmas and I still haven't done my shopping, barely started in fact. I go out at lunch every day to try to knock things off my list but I just can't seem to find the right thing. Maybe everyone will get socks this year???
Mel suggested I shop first thing on Saturday morning so that's what I'm going to do. Pick up my caramel macchiato and shop til I drop. Tonight I'm going to Milestone's with the ex LBLers, Ken, Connie, Janet and Courtney. Then I'm off to Hemingways to meet up with more LBLers after their Christmas party. Tomorrow is shopping and Christmas parties (Saadia, Susie and Janet) and then Sunday is Bruce and Harita's housewarming. Wow, its going to be a busy weekend, but I love it. Who can complain about going to parties with friends???! What a better way to spend your time I say. Especially when you have friends as good as mine. Especially Mel, Sally and Saadia, they are by far, the best... hee hee.
2 comments:
Di...you sure know how to flatter your friends :)
We're NOT exchanging gifts this year, remember? no need to suck up girl! :P
Post a Comment