So last weekend Gerwyn and I celebrated his big day! At 31 years old, we're still waiting for him to mature but at least he's well past his pre-buscent years (although there was that pesky pimple that just wouldn't go away for awhile...)
On Friday (the actual BIG day) I woke up to go to the gym and then went for a massage at Sutherland-Chan. (Gerwyn's birthday was a great excuse to treat myself!) Then I met Saadia for coffee and ran to the grocery store to buy my big boy a cake. By the time I got home I only had about 45 minutes to bake the cake and take a shower before I had to leave to meet Gerwyn at Finch station. Barely enough time to get the cake out of the oven and then out the door! After I met Gerwyn, I gave him his first present (homemade Toblerone shortbread and a Colgate 360 toothbrush) and then we went for Sushi at our favourite place Ginza. Then we went to Promenade for a bit of shopping before watching Babel and eating popcorn (with BUTTER!) After the movie, we headed downtown. I made Gerwyn close his eyes while I iced the cake and lit all the candles. Then when he opened them I sang him a song and he blew out his candles and then we GORGED on cake. I think we almost ate half of it that night. After cake, Gerwyn opened his presents (Kiehl's shampoo and conditioner, a red iPod Nano and a Chili Peppers Guitar book with play along cds to look good on his coffee table) and then I read him his card. It was 31 reasons why I was glad he was born. (I won't bore you all with the list.)
Saturday, we had waffles with ice cream and bacon for breakfast (apparently it was birthday WEEKEND) and then we played basketball (I lost again!) before going to Square One. Original plan was to go to Niagara but we hit traffic in Mississauga and changed plans.) One watch and a pair of shoes later, we ended up back downtown for more cake and a dvd. (Did I mention someone had KFC at the mall? It was like the boy had never eaten before, the whole thing was devoured in seconds!!)
Sunday was quiet. Just went to Grams in the morning and played with my cousin's kids (my cousin Cat from the States was visiting with her 2 kids too) and then went back home to watch the football game. Yes, I watched football. And I think I may have even enjoyed it. Which is good cause Superbowl is in 2 weeks and I have no choice but to watch the game. If you can't change them, might as well join them... I'm ready for some football!!
No comments:
Post a Comment