On Friday night I went out for dinner with all my cousins to Wah-Sing. My cousin Joon-Sook from Korea is here for 6 months or so learning English so to welcome him here, I arranged an impromptu dinner which everyone was able to come to which was great! There were 8 of us in total which meant we could order 2 orders of the lobster and 2 orders of the Cantonese Chow Mein. Everything was so tasty! I even got to have my green beans too. It was nice to see my cousin again, he said I looked exactly the same as when he saw me last which was almost 10 years ago I think. After dinner we went to my cousin Madeleine's house for tea and just talked. I felt bad for Joon-Sook a bit since we were all talking too fast, I could tell by the look on his face he couldn't keep up. But its good for him to be "thrown in" to this kind of environment. What a better way to learn right? And my cousin Mad was able to translate all the interesting parts. It was nice to catch up with family, so rare for me!
Later that night, Gerwyn stopped by after a night out with his old high school friends. I could tell he had a great time because he had a big smile on his sleepy face when he got in. Saturday, we took Hanna and David (who was spending the weekend at my condo) out for breakfast at George St. Diner and then suited up for some basketball! Gerwyn was nervous that he might not be able to keep up with a 14 year old but he managed to hold his own and even beat David at all the games we played. (He was relieved.) Just give him a couple more years Gerwyn, then you'll be in trouble!!
After b-ball, we headed out to Mae's to catch up with everyone and hear about Ev's trip to Thailand. I ended up drinking 3 glasses of wine so I was pretty tipsy. Gerwyn kept throwing Kahlua on Ron's lap (knowing he was afraid of dogs). I have to admit, it was pretty funny to see his arms thrown up in the air while he was shrieking every now and then. He didn't actually PET the dog, but it was on his lap which was close enough. (A first for him I think.) Then came Andrew Jacob, Mae's newborn who wasn't even one month old. Of course all of the girls took turns holding him while the boys watched. I decided to pass him to Gerwyn who then passed him to Ron who had never held a newborn in his life! (Check out Sally and Mel's blogs for pics. I have a great picture of Ron's scared face as he's holding the baby. Hopefully it'll get posted soon.) After the dog, baby and 4 cups of coffee using Mae's new Tassimo coffee maker (which Gerwyn just couldn't get enough of!) we went home and I took a nap while Gerwyn bounced off the walls. He ended up watching a move until 3 am that night! That's what you get for drinking all that coffee! Needless to say, I was late to visit Grams in the morning.
Sunday was quiet, after Grams, I had lunch with my mom and took the train home to go to the gym and have a nice looooong bubble bath. I haven't done that in ages and boy was it relaxing.
No comments:
Post a Comment