
Last week my cousin Madeleine and her 3 kids arrived from Korea for their annual Toronto visit. Due to jet lag the first few days are generally spent lazing around and taking a lot of naps. While visiting my house, her son Michael decided he wanted to try and stay awake and be active. So being the helpful aunt that I am, I offered him a job of weeding our front lawn in exchange for ten dollars and some Ed's ice cream. Surprisingly he was very excited to take on the job and so, 11 year old Micheal, his sister 4 year old Stephanie and their cousin 3 year old Samara all went out and started weeding. Michael pulled the weeds and the girls tossed them into our brown bag. As you can tell by the photo, our lawn is more weed than actual grass. But a couple of hours later, that lawn was weed free. Gerwyn eventually went out to help (we thought it might look bad to people passing by if we just stood by and continued watching) and the lawn is now weed free. Still a mess, but the kids did a fantastic job. I'm hoping I can make this an annual tradition the next time they come for a visit!!

No comments:
Post a Comment