Monday, November 08, 2010

Cooks Tools


Finally a baby free post! I vowed not to turn into one of those people where every post is all about baby this and baby that... but I guess that means you have to have a life outside of baby first!

I've recently been on an oatmeal raisin cookie kick, I found a good recipe in my Williams Sonoma baking book and have baked them about 4 times now. Each batch lasts about 3 days. I figure better to eat cookies where I can control the amount of sugar and know whats in them then buying store bought. I also thought it might slow down consumption but turns out it just makes me a faster baker.

Anyway back to the topic at hand, good cooks tools! Carol recently got me a new thin metal spatula which she said was better for getting cookies off the sheet and boy was she right! You wouldn't think a spatula would make too much difference but normally my cookies get broken while being removed and this spatula gave me 100% perfect cookies every time. Combined with my silpat and metal baking pans, they make cookie baking a real breeze. A good thing when you're baking twice a week...
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

While I was reading your post, I could literally feel my head shaking all on it's own...:)
You are going to have to share that oatmeal cookie recipe. I have yet to find one I really like.
I'm glad you've been having such a good experience with the spatula. If only I had seen that sad, sad spatula years earlier...when I think about all those needlessly broken cookies...:)

Cya!! said...

Ooooh!!! I never thought of it!! Makes sense!! And that cookie tray looks awesome! Is it designed to not need any "non-stick-surface"? It looks bumpy and good for letting cookies come off easily. Mummmmmm good tools make yummier cookies!! I want a set! :) No Williams Sonoma here. Bah! PS make me some cookies??? Plllllllease? Starving for them! I barely eat them here (have found substitute "snacks", but not the same).