
Unfortunately I don't have any actual pictures to post with my blog entry. I keep forgetting to take out my camera! So instead I'm using this "Google" image of Baby Back Ribs that I made this weekend. It was from the foodnetwork.com website (Tyler's Ultimate Ribs). The recipe was very easy and went well with Jamie Oliver's favourite coleslaw. However this is definitely a meal for special occasions as it was so rich and fatty but deeeleecious nonetheless. I ate four ribs and Gerwyn probably had about 20. Every time I would go to the bathroom or come back from the bedroom there would be one more missing. Luckily he eventually ran out of steam and I had two ribs left for lunch today.
The rest of the weekend was the perfect mix of busy and relaxing. Friday night the weather was gorgeous so I took the opportunity to go for a long jog to Harbourfront and back. It was beautiful and running by the water makes it go by so much quicker. Then Saadia stopped by for a quick visit and watched me rearrange some furniture. Saturday I woke up early and finished cleaning my condo and went to the market to pick up some cheeses for a few university friends (Trish, Kim and Saadia) I was having over for drinks before going out for dinner. Cheese trays are so sophisticated. At least I felt sophisticated putting it together. Sunday I got up early to visit Grams and played with Charlotte (she discovered my dimples and kept putting her finger in them,) before heading home to meet Gerwyn for our ribfest.
Tomorrow night Gerwyn and I are going to see Kings of Leon at the Air Canada Centre. I think this will be our first concert together. I don't know too much about them but I recently bought their cd so I could "study" before the concert. Yes, I'm a geek.
2 comments:
Yummmm....We only get to see pictures of your deeeelicious dishes, when do we get to taste some?
NOW I know what the A-G stands for on your costume: Absolute Gluttony. Those ribs look mighty fine. Did yours look like that too?
Post a Comment