Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Where everybody knows your name...

As of Thursday, I'll be off to Boston on a business trip! I'm dragging Gerwyn along with me so we can tour the city in our spare time and try some renowned Boston Crabs!! We're both very excited and hopefully my sister will be able to meet us for the day on Saturday so we can all hang out. First stop: Cheers!

Unfortunately this weekend is also the due date for my future niece or nephew. Nancy says first babies are usually late though so she's going to do her best to hold it in. I can't wait to meet him/her. This Christmas is definitely going to very exciting, my entire family plus the new baby all in one house! My brother and Nancy moved back home last weekend and it already feels so much more lively when I'm there. Can't wait to add a crying baby to the mix!

Last night Ev took me to see a legend... Mr. Stevie Wonder! I haven't been a die-hard Stevie fan or anything but I didn't want to miss an opportunity to see a legend live in concert so I wanted to go. I've been to a few concerts before but none like this. It was so cool, he was just so relaxed and everything seemed to come so easy... the amazing voice, the amazing piano/keyboards and even his harmonica playing was unbelievable. I'm so glad I was able to go. During the show, he asked a "special guest" to come on stage to play with him. I was shocked when the special guest and companion came out to play and I saw a familiar face! It was one of Susie's ex boyfriends. His name is Daniel and he plays percussion in a local salsa band. Anyway, the special guest was a blind percussionist who I have seen perform with Daniel in his band. Daniel held the microphone to his drum while he played and sat right beside Stevie! How cool would that be? I talked to Susie today and she said he was friends with Stevie's regular drummer and so they were invited to attend the sound check earlier in the day. When Stevie heard them play, he invited them to come back and "jam" with him in the show!

I think that's all for now, I know its been awhile since I've blogged so I may have forgotten a lot of things already... what can I say, I'm getting old!!

Will post again after Boston, wish me luck at the conference, we'll be launching the website!!

No comments: