Thursday, February 22, 2007

Sorry for the delay...

I forgot my blogger password so I was locked out for awhile but now I'm back! So... a recap on what's been going on lately:

Valentine's Day: On the 14th we all had dinner at Ev's since it was Wednesday dinner night. She made a yummy lasagna and deeeleecious brownies for dessert. I also made chocolate covered strawberries in honour of the holiday. Later that night, I went to Gerwyn's house and gave him Valentine that I made, straight out of grade school with doilies and everything! I had told him that I thought we should "make" our gifts this year so we don't spend any money. So what does Vinder give me??? First, a pillow that he bought with a picture frame in it which of course he used to insert a picture of us. (I swear, ANY item with a picture frame in it and Gerwyn will find it.) AND for the "homemade" segment of the gift, he decided to "make" me feel good. Now ladies, get your minds out of the gutter, by that he was going to give me a much needed massage. I always massage his shoulders and back before we go to bed but for some reason, the favour is rarely returned so on V-Day, it was my turn to collect! And it was worth the wait, I got almost a full hour of good shoulder and back focussed massage. The great part about it was that when I usually go to the spa, I'm shy to tell them if its too hard or soft and where I really need them to focus so with Gerwyn, I could just tell him what I wanted. It was a great gift and definite points for creative interpretation!!

Last weekend we didn't do too much, Saturday we went to the gym to work out and Sunday I celebrated Lunar New Year with my family and pigged out.

Yesterday we had Wednesday dinner at my house. It was Vinder's turn to cook and he decided to treat everyone to Swiss Chalet instead. We even had a special guest: Victor Ricafrente (Gerwyn's best friend). Mel and Norm also brought their Wii and we finally got to try it out. Needless to say, we're hooked! Our favourite game was boxing. Even though everyone got a very good laugh at my boxing technique (or lack thereof,), it was still a great workout! It took me 3 rounds to knock the guy out and by then I was huffing and puffing and so tired. Who needs the gym when they have the Wii!!

No comments: