Thursday, November 09, 2006

Time before the game....

Tonight we're using Ev's tickets to the Marlies game so I have to kill an hour and a half before the game. I don't have much to report because I already wrote about my weekend so perhaps I'll just share the conversation I had with Gerwyn this afternoon. I'll just report the facts and let the unbiased readers decide what to make of it...

We had originally made plans to go see a movie (Borat) and have dinner at Yonge and Eglinton. Later in the afternoon, Ev sent the email about the hockey tickets which I forwarded to Gerwyn to see if he wanted to go. He replied with an email to me asking what I thought. I replied back to him saying I was happy to stick to our original plan (afterall, I hadn't seen him in a few days and I was looking forward to a nice romantic date,) but if he wanted to see the game I would be ok with that. Then he calls me in the afternoon and the conversation went like this:
G - So did you want to go to the game?
D - I don't mind doing either, do you want to go to the game?
G - Well what do you want to do? I talked to Norm and he said he was going but I said I would ask you first.
D - Well, its up to you, if you want to go, let's go.
G - Ok, I told Norm we'd meet him at Gate 1 at 7pm.

Now ladies, does anyone notice anything strange about this conversation?? As I said before, I won't point it out, I'll just let the unbiased readers decide...

EDIT: And so ends our 100 days of bliss...

3 comments:

melandnorm said...

Lesson #1: Guys will always prefer to watch a game with their buddies; especially given they were Bowne seats with food and drinks!

Princess Di said...

Oh Dianus... Get your facts straight. Here is how the conversation really went down:

G: Do you want to go to the game?
D: Yeah! It's not often we get really great seats like this.
G: Okay, but I was really looking forward to our date...
D: I'll call Norm and let him know we'll meet him at Gate 1 at 7pm.

The truth will set you free,
-Gerwyn

Princess Di said...

I'd like to point out that I was asking the LADIES for comments??? Contrary to popular belief, a few flamboyant moves on (and off) the dancefloor and a pink shirt just doesn't make the cut.