This was the first weekend I had NO plans. Well, no major plans at least. (i.e. weddings or showers.) Friday night I went to Grant's birthday dinner at a restaurant called Politico (very romantic but not so much with 17 loud people). Then met up with Gerwyn around 10pm and we took a very looooong walk around the city. We walked from my place to Union Station and then to the Royal York Hotel. We stopped in each location to sit and admire the architecture. We were even thinking of hopping on the ferry and going to the Islands but after resting for about 20 minutes at the Royal York, we were too tired. My feet were throbbing (or "vibrating" as I like to say,) by the time we got home. But at least I didn't feel so full anymore.
Saturday was errand day. We had breakfast and then went to pick up my cousin's daughter Jessica to take her to piano lessons at the Royal Conservatory of Music. We were a bit late and my cousin Mad thought we wouldn't make it in time but Gerwyn being the "star" driver that he is, managed to make it with 5 minutes to spare. After Jessica's lesson, we dropped her off and then headed to the 'burbs (aka Thornhill) to go to the gym. But of course when we got to his place, Gerwyn was hungry and I was tired so he ate and I took a nice long nap. 3 hours later, we ended up at the gym for a very quick workout (we only had an hour until the place closed.)
Anyway, it was nice to have someone to work out with again, and he showed me how to use a lot of the equipment to do what I wanted. Personally I was just impressed that I could keep up with him on the elliptical. I only ended up burning about 30 calories less than him(because I went a bit slower) but I lasted the full 20 minutes. (Even after he kept raising my levels every 2 minutes!!)
After that I was STARVING so we went to all you can eat Sushi by his house which was SO GOOD (Sal, remind me to tell you where it was... they had 2 PAGES of choices!!) Gerwyn and I were both practically rolling out of that place by the time we were done. Then he drove me home to Scarborough where I got lectured by my mom and then spent the night.
Sunday morning I visited Grams and the kids again, played with Jessica and Michael and then took another nap at home. In the evening, I met Gerwyn for dinner at Amore at Yonge and Eg and then went back to my place where we were very surprised to find Hanna and her "friend" Lucas.... still trying to block that one out of my memory!!
All in all, a nice, quiet, relaxing weekend...
4 comments:
It was a nice quiet weekend, no major plans, no deadlines, no stress... We had the opportunity to have a couple of romantic dinners; however, I just want to warn everybody of Diana's little trick! Whenever we go out for dinner, she just so happens to always forget her wallet... For awhile, I felt like I was dating Victor because that used to be his infamous scandal. I'm on to you girlfriend, I'm on to you!
-Gerwyn
You got lectured? uh oh.
Hey, I'm reminding you...where is this ALL-YOU-CAN-EAT-SUSHI?!?!?! I'm all about THAT!!
Hey Sally-bo-bally, it's right beside my house on Yonge St. After you and Ron pig-out there, you can go back to his condo and burn some calories on his folding chair! Yeah, I still can't get those images out of my head... I'm scarred for life man, I'm scarred for life... (Does he really sit down the whole time? Hmmm...I'm thinking I should get a folding chair too!)
-Gerwyn
Post a Comment